Colonel's Zubeanie Boats
Debbie's Southwestern Blend: Onion, Garlic, Sea Salt, Parsley, Chili Flakes, Cayenne 40, Paprika, Chili Powder.
- 2 TBSP Debbie's Southwestern Blend
- 4 Zucchini's, Cut In Half Lengthwise
- 1 Can Black Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 2 Green Onions, Diced
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1/2 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
Follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray baking sheet.
- Scoop flesh out of the zucchini halves & place halves upside down (skin side up) on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn them over.
- While zucchini is baking, heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add red peppers, onions & zucchini flesh.
- Stir until tender.
- Add rice, beans, corn salsa & Debbie's Southwestern Blend. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Evenly distribute filling in each zucchini boat & top with cheese.
- Return filled boats to oven & bake for another 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.